Friday, April 30, 2010

HALVES

I haven't had time to really sit down and blog about something for a while. When I get a free minute, I plan to express my feelings about the Disney Renaissance and Glee... But for now, I thought I'd post something really quick - just so no one forgets about this little ol' blog.

Here's some food for thought. Take a look at this yin-yang.


Now. Think about this:

When God first created "man," he created him in his image. God was androgynous... and Adam was like him -- perfect. When God felt bad for Adam and didn't want him to be lonely, he sought to create from him a companion. So, God pulled out Adam's rib and created Eve. It was when God pulled Eve out of Adam that we forgot what God looked like and fell from perfection into duality. Some folks say that we're joined like that (our androgynous form) in heaven -- then pulled apart, made man and woman when we're born. We spend our whole lives seeking to be reunited with our other half.

Just something to ponder. I'm not really sure where I stand in regard to the above paragraph, but I think it's an interesting (and very moving) notion - like the song "Origin of Love" from Hedwig and the Angry Inch. It's something that's been on my mind ever since I took a class on the Cosmogonic Cycle last term... Isn't it weird that all the religions and stories in existence, if dissected, are all essentially the same single story?

And... Like Adam's rib (and the yin-yang), we carry pieces of each other within ourselves. I think about that sometimes and it literally blows my mind.

Ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment